Skip the brownies and serve these light & tart lemon bars instead.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups + ¼ cup flour / maida
- 4 eggs
- 3 lemons, juiced
- Icing sugar, for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2. Take a medium sized bowl and add butter, flour and sugar. Blend it together with a fork. The resulting mixture will resemble coarse crumbs. Press the crumbs into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- 3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- 4. In a separate glass bowl, add 1 ½ cups sugar and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Mix together.
- 5. Add eggs and lemon juice. Whisk till smooth.
- 6. Pour over the baked crust.
- 7. Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Don’t over bake as the lemon bars will firm up as they cool. Once the bars are cooled, cut them into squares and serve with icing sugar on top.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock.com