Boneless Chicken Curry / Salan
This quick chicken ka salan uses boneless chicken and basic Desi spices to have dinner on the table in a jiffy.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (crushed)
- ½ kg boneless chicken, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, for garnish
- 1. Blend onions with a little bit of water in a blender to make a paste. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and add onion paste.
- 3. Saute on medium – high heat till color changes from white to pink.
- 4. Add ginger and garlic paste. Saute for about a minute then add spices (salt, chili, cumin & coriander). Saute for about 30 – 45 seconds so the raw flavor goes away.
- 5. Add the chicken and cook on medium heat till the chicken changes color.
- 6. Turn heat to low, add water and cook the chicken for about 15 – 20 minutes till oil separates.
- 7. Add lemon juice and green chilies. Let chicken for 2-3 minutes to let the flavor infuse.
- 8. Take off heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.