Make this silky smooth chocolate pudding for dinner tonight.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes (plus chilling time)
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Whipped topping (optional)
- 1. Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornflour and salt in medium saucepan with a whisk.
- 2. Gradually stir in milk, whisking to ensure there are no lumps.
- 3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into individual dessert dishes.
- 4. To avoid a skin from forming on top, press plastic wrap directly onto surface; serve warm or refrigerate at least 2 hours. Pudding will thicken as it cools.
- 5. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.