We all love ice-cream and chocolate has to be our favorite flavor!
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus ice-cream chill time)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1. Combine sugar, milk, salt, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer.
- 2. Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid and stir through. Return the liquid & egg mixture to the saucepan. This step is needed to incorporate hot liquid into eggs lightly so that the eggs don’t get scrambled.
- 3. Heat until thickened, but do not boil. Remove from the heat, and stir in the chopped chocolate until chocolate is melted. Pour into a chilled bowl, and refrigerate for about two hours until cold, stirring occasionally.
- 4. When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream, and vanilla. Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.