This lemon tart is the perfect summer dessert. It's light & refreshing plus the no bake biscuit base makes it a cinch to make.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes (plus 4-6 hours for chilling)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- ½ family roll Digestive biscuits (or other tea-time biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Icing sugar, for garnish
- 1. Put biscuits in a Ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin. Alternatively, you can pulse for a few seconds in the food processer.
- 2. Put crushed biscuits in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix.
- 3. Set the biscuits in a glass dish. Keep aside.
- 4. Take a large glass bowl. Make sure it’s heat-proof as you will be putting it on a double boiler later.
- 5. Add sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest & cream. Mix well with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps.
- 6. Bring water to a simmer in a saucepan. Place the bowl with the lemon mixture on the saucepan. Keep on heat and whisk till thick.
- 7. Put a fine mesh strainer over a glass bowl. Pour the lemon mixture in the strainer and strain till smooth.
- 8. Add butter and mix till smooth.
- 9. Take out the biscuit base and pour the lemon mixture on top of it. Spread the mixture to the edges and smooth with a spatula.
- 10. Keep in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours till chilled.
- 11. Sprinkle icing sugar on top using a strainer.