Ras Malai is a traditional dessert where small balls are made of dry milk and then cooked in milk.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus chilling time)
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 2 liters fresh milk
- 8 – 10 green cardamom 8-10
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon flour / maida
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 eggs
- Nuts (Almonds or Pistachios or both), for garnish
- 1. Heat milk in a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- 2. Once milk comes to boil, add cardamom and sugar.
- 3. Cook for about 10 minutes to let the flavor of the cardamom infuse in the milk. Make sure you keep an eye on the milk else it might boil over.
- 4. In the meanwhile take a bowl and add milk powder,baking powder, flour and ghee. Mix well. Add eggs and knead to make a soft medium dough.
- 5. Make small balls of the milk powder and egg dough. Add the balls in the hot milk and cook on high flame for about 5 minutes.
- 6. Lower the flame and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- 7. Take off heat and let cool. Keep in refrigerator to chill.
- 8. Garnish with nuts and serve chilled.