Vanilla Pound Cake
This light & fluffy pound cake is that perfect cake to have with an evening cup of chai.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 cups flour / maida, plus more for pan
- 1 cup caster sugar (or pulse granulated sugar in the spice grinder)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2. Butter and flour a 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- 3. Put butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light & fluffy.
- 4. Add the eggs on at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and salt.
- 5. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined (do not overmix).
- 6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour (cover with aluminum foil if browning too quickly).
- 7. Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.