If you love shrimp, you are bound to love this crispy & crunchy snack. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 10 persons
- 10 square spring roll wrappers, cut into triangles
- 20 shrimp, deveined and peeled with tails left on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- Oil, for frying
- 1. Toss the shrimp with salt, black pepper, soya sauce and vinegar.
- 2. Place spring roll wrapper (cut into triangles) in front of you with one point of the long side of the wrapper towards you.
- 3. Place shrimp ¼ of the way onto the wrapper on the long side.
- 4. Fold bottom edge of the wrapper over the shrimp and begin to roll.
- 5. Stop half way.
- 6. Fold the edge over to meet the shrimp.
- 7. Continue rolling until you meet the end of the wrapper.
- 8. Place egg on the edge of the wrapper.
- 9. Repeat wrapping until all shrimp and wraps are done.
- 10. Heat oil.
- 11. Place shrimp rolls in the frying pan and cook on low – medium heat till shrimp is fully cooked through.
- 12. Use a slotted spoon to take it out on a kitchen towel.