Cream of Mushroom Soup
We love the flavor of mushrooms in this rich & creamy soup. Serve with a dash of black pepper on top.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 tin canned mushrooms or 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1. Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- 2. Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft / translucent.
- 3. Add in flour and cook for about a minute to remove the raw flavor.
- 4. Add chicken stock. Stir constantly with a whisk to ensure that there are no lumps.
- 5. Simmer on low – medium heat till thickened.
- 6. Add milk & cream along with spices (salt & pepper).
- 7. Let it cook for a few minutes. Once it thickens, take off heat.
- 8. Serve hot with salt, pepper and croutons on the side.