Fried Rice with Egg
Though traditionally served with Chinese dishes, egg fried rice is a great way to use up leftovers in the kitchen.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200 grams / 1 cup uncooked rice, cooked and kept in fridge for a day
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
- ground white pepper
- 1. Beat the egg with salt & pepper.
- 2. Heat oil. Add beaten egg and stir till cooked. Make sure you stir well so it scrambles. Set aside.
- 3. Add another tablespoon of oil. Once it’s hot, add the rice and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes till heated through.
- 4. Add the peas & spring onions. Keep stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Add soy sauce, vinegar salt & pepper. Add egg and mix together.
- 6. Serve hot.