Fried Egg / Sunny Side Up
A simple fried egg but makes for a satisfying breakfast with some toast, salt & pepper.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- Two eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon oil / butter
- 1. Heat butter / oil in a skillet pan / frying pan on low heat.
- 2. Once the butter / oil is hot but not bubbling, crack the eggs in the middle. Cook till egg whites at the edge are white but the egg yolks in the middle are still soft. You can baste with a little bit of the oil / butter to help it cook steadily.
- 3. If the pan is too hot, the egg whites will turn white immediately and turn brown. The trick is to cook on a low heat.
- 4. Take out the eggs with a spatula. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Make a sandwich or just break into the egg and enjoy the runny yolk with toast on the side.