Aloo Bun Kabab
Aloo bun kabab is our favorite snack when we go to the bazaar for shopping or at a dhabba to meet friends. Here we make this Pakistani street food in ...
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon – 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds (sabit bhuna dhaniya)
- 5 - 6 burger buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as desired for frying)
- ½ cup – 1 cup green Chutney
- ½ cup yoghurt, whisked
- 1. Peel potatoes. Boil in salted water for 30 – 45 minutes till tender. Check by piercing the potatoes with a knife.
- 2. Put mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
- 3. Add salt, red chili powder, green chilies, coriander, garam masala and ground coriander seeds (sabit bhuna dhaniya). Mix well.
- 4. Make round circular patties and put them on a tray. Oil your hands if it becomes difficult to handle the potatoes.
- 5. Whisk egg in a small bowl.
- 6. Make green raita by mixing yoghurt, 3 tablespoon green chutney and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- 7. Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip the potato patties in egg and fry till golden brown.
- 8. Toast the burger buns in the same frying pan (adding a little bit more oil) until golden brown and toasted.
- 9. Start assembling the aloo bun kebab.
- 10. Take the bottom burger. Add green chutney on the bottom. Top with sliced onions and tomatoes.
- 11. Add the potato patty and then green raita on top. Top with the burger bun.
- 12. Enjoy.