Cauliflower Sabzi / PhoolGobi ki Sabzi
This cauliflower / phoolgobi ki sabzi is a simple vegetarian everyday meal.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg cauliflower (phoolgobi), florets cleaned and washed.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3-4 medium onions, finely chopped
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- 2-3 green chilies, for garnish
- 1. Wash, clean and cut the cauliflower florets / phoolgobi. Set aside.
- 2. Add oil in a large pan. Once the oil is hot add chopped onions. Saute till translucent.
- 3. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Saute for about a minute so the spices can get cooked.
- 4. Add the cauliflower / phoolgobi. Stir so it can get coated with the spices.
- 5. Cover the lid and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes till cauliflower / phoolgobi is tender. Keep stirring every 2-3 minutes to ensure the cauliflower doesn’t stick to the bottom and if necessary add a few tablespoons of water.
- 6. Once the cauliflower is tender, add coriander leaves and green chilies.
- 7. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then take off heat.
- 8. Serve hot.