Make these decadent chocolate brownies and eat them as is. Or make a brownie ala mode with a scoop of ice-cream.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 75 grams flour (maida)
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 175 g baking chocolate, chopped
- 175 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 250 grams sugar
- 50 grams walnuts, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8 inch square baking tin with baking paper / baking parchment.
- 2. Sift cocoa powder, flour and salt in a shallow tray and set aside.
- 3. Take a medium glass bowl and add chopped chocolate along with butter.
- 4. Put a saucepan of water on boil. Once it simmers put the glass bowl of chocolate on it to melt. This is known as a double boiler method. Just make sure no water touches the chocolate otherwise it will seize and burn. Take off heat and set aside till it cools for a bit.
- 5. Take a medium glass bowl and add eggs & sugar. Whisk / beat till thick and creamy. Pour in the chocolate mixture and fold it in.
- 6. Add the flour mixture and fold in the nuts with a rubber spatula.
- 7. Pour in the prepared mixture and move it around to make sure that the mixture goes to the edges.
- 8. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the pan yields moist crumbs. The top should have a crispy crust and the center should be moist.
- 9. Cool and then cut into squares. The brownies can be eaten right out of the oven too but they will be difficult. The best method is to let them cool and then use a serrated knife to cut portions.