Rich & creamy, this potato salad is great for a hi-tea party or for a picnic.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled (about 6 – 8 medium potatoes)
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (liquid mustard not powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika or red chili powder
- 1. Boil potatoes with salted water in a large pot. Cook for about 30 – 40 minutes till potatoes are tender. If a knife can be pierced through them they are done. Drain. Set aside to cool. Once they are cool, cut them into cubes.
- 2. In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- 3. Take a large bowl and add cubed potatoes, onions and eggs. Add the mayonnaise mixture and mix well. Be careful in mixing so potatoes and eggs don’t break.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors blend.
- 5. Make sure you store in refrigerator as the salad can spoil if left outside for a long time.