Garlic Bread Toast
We love crispy garlic bread! Lots of melted butter and cheese on top.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 french loaf or baguette or any artisanal bread loaf
- 100 grams / ½ cup butter,softened
- 5 – 6 cloves of garlic, minced ]
- Grated cheese, optional
- Minced parsley or pesto sauce, for garnish
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- 2. Slice the loaf in the middle so that there is a top and bottom part. Set aside.
- 3. Mix butter and garlic together till it becomes a thick paste.
- 4. Spread the butter over the loaf halves. If you need any more butter or garlic add as necessary.
- 5. There are two ways that you can bake garlic bread. One is to line the baking tray with aluminum foil and putting the baguette on it.Let it bake for 15 – 20 minutes till the butter is melted and bread is crispy.
- 6. The other option is to wrap each individual loaf half in aluminum foil and bake for 10 - 15 minutes. Wrapping the bread will toast the bread but make it soft. Unwrap and keep it in oven for 2-3 minutes to make it soft & crispy.
- 7. Add grated cheese (if using) & minced parsley for garnish. Bake for 2 minutes and take out.
- 8. Serve hot.