All that goes into making coleslaw is lots of shredded cabbage, a few carrots (again shredded) and lots of mayonnaise! But boy, does it taste good.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes (plus chilling time)
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 - 1.5 head(s) of cabbage, shredded (should yield about 6 cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. Use a mandolin / grater to shred cabbage and carrot. Be careful you don’t cut your hands. Alternatively, you can finely slice cabbage but it will take some time.
- 2. Take a large bowl and add cabbage along with shredded carrot.
- 3. In a smaller bowl add mayonnaise, cream, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Whisk to make a dressing.
- 4. Add the dressing to the shredded vegetables and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- 5. Let it chill for about 30 minutes.
- 6. Serve cold.