These crispy little snacks are made with shredded chicken with white sauce and seasonings.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- ½ kg boneless chicken
- ½ + ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 + ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour (maida)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 – 2 green chilies (adjust to taste)
- 2 eggs
- Flour, to roll croquettes
- Bread crumbs, to roll croquettes
- Oil, for frying
- 1. Marinate chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Boil or grill till tender. Set aside to cool. Once the chicken is cool, shred by hand or pulse for a few seconds in the food processer till fine. Don’t turn it into paste.
- 2. Melt butter in a large pan. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- 3. Add flour and fry for 1-2 minutes till the raw smell of flour goes. Add milk and keep whisking to ensure no lumps remain.
- 4. Season the sauce with red chili pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- 5. Once the sauce is thick, add shredded chicken, capsicum and green chilis. Mix well and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Take the mixture off heat and let it cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- 7. Start the croquette assembly line by putting flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl and breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- 8. Make small balls or logs from the chicken mixture. Coat in flour, then eggs then breadcrumbs.
- 9. Freeze the croquettes or deep fry on medium heat till light golden.
- 10. Serve with ketchup or preferred condiment.
Notes:Adjust the filling of these croquettes as per your liking. Remove the capsicum and green chilis if you prefer mild spices. Add finely chopped mushrooms, grated cheese or other seasonings.