Batter-fried boneless pieces of chicken coated in a sticky orange glaze served with steamed rice.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded thin, cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 sachet Orange Tang (dissolved in ½ cup water)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Spring Onions, to garnish
- 1. Cut 3 chicken breasts into cubes. Set aside.
- 2. Put flour, corn flour, red chili powder, black pepper and salt in a shallow plate. It needs to be large to coat properly. Mix well.
- 3. Break 2 eggs in a bowl. Whisk well.
- 4. Create an assembly line for coating & breading the chicken.
- 5. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture then place the chicken in the flour mixture. Make sure it’s coated properly in the flour mixture.
- 6. Heat oil and deep fry the breaded mixture till light golden – about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7. Use a slotted spoon to take out the chicken and drain on a kitchen towel / paper napkin. Set aside.
- 8. In the meanwhile make the sauce for the Orange chicken.
- 9. Dissolve 1 sachet Orange Tang in ½ cup water. Set aside.
- 10. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- 11. Add ginger garlic paste, soya sauce, chili sauce, honey and dissolved Orange Tang.
- 12. Mix well till thick.
- 13. Add the fried boneless chicken and stir to coat with the orange sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes till warmed through.
- 14. Add 2 tablespoons spring onions and stir.
- 15. Serve with steamed rice.
- 16. Garnish with spring onions.