Chicken Tikka By Nimra Ali
A family recipe by her mother, this smoked chicken tikka is absolutely delicious with salad and raita.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus 2 hours marination time)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- Chicken: 2 Full Leg Piece (Cut in Tikka Style)
- Yogurt: 1/2 Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 Tablespoon
- Papaya Paste: 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: 3 Tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 Tablespoon
- Red Chili Flakes: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chciken Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: To Taste
- Oil: 3/4 Cup
- 1. Whisk yogurt with a fork and add ginger garlic paste, papaya paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chili flakes, chicken powder and salt. Mix well together.
- 2. Make slits in the chicken tikka pieces.
- 3. Marinate the chicken with the yoghurt & spices paste. Marinate for at least 1-2 hours (preferably overnight).
- 4. Put the chicken on wooden / steel BBQ skewers and barbeque it on coals using a traditional BBQ.
- 5. If you don’t want to barbeque then you can also cook it in the pan. The method is as follows:
- 6. Place chicken in pan and cover it with lid. Cook on slow flame for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and dry excessive water. Heat a coal till it gets red on the stove. Place hot coal in pan having chicken. Pour some oil so it generates the smoke and place lid on it. It will give smoky flavor to the chicken. Serve it with onion rings,lemon, poori or paratha and Raaita.