Cinnamon Apple Crumble
We love how simple it is to make this apple crumble. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream on the side.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 800 grams apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup sugar + ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ + ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour / maida
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup – 1 cup oats (for crunch)
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1. Peel, core & chop the apples.
- 2. Place the chopped apples, lemon juice, ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- 3. Pour the apples in a large ovenproof dish. Glass or ceramic is best so you can serve it directly.
- 4. Make the crumble topping by combining flour, ¾ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, oats & ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisk well together.
- 5. Add butter and rub together till coarse crumbs are formed.
- 6. Pour the crumble mixture on the apples mixture.
- 7. Put the dish in the oven and bake for 40 – 45 minutes till crumble is golden from top and the juices are oozing from the side.
- 8. Take out the crumble and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving to let the juices settle.
- 9. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.