Cheesy Bread Rolls
Bread slices are stuffed with a chicken & cheese filling then fried till light golden.
- PREP TIME: 25 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- 8 – 10 bread slices
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons coriander (dhaniya), chopped
- 1/4th cup chicken, boiled & shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Water, for sealing
- Oil, for frying
- 1. Take a medium bowl for the bread roll filling.
- 2. Add shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, onion, green chillies and coriander leaves (dhaniya). Add salt, black pepper and red chili powder. Taste & adjust seasonings if required.
- 3. Remove corners of the bread slices. Keep the edges for use in breadcrumbs.
- 4. Slightly roll bread slices with a rolling pin to flatten them.
- 5. Put the chicken filling on the edge of the bread slices (about 1 teaspoon).
- 6. Roll up the bread slice (like a swiss roll). Seal the edges with water.
- 7. Dip the bread rolls in egg and then roll them in bread crumbs.
- 8. Heat oil in a wok / fryer / deep pan. Deep fry the bread rolls till light golden.
- 9. Serve with ketchup, green chutney or your preferred condiment.