Machli Ka Khatta Salan
This dish was the winning recipe as part of the Mother’s Day 2016 competition on Desi Appetite.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- Coconut powder 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 2 tablespoon
- Mango Powder (Amchoor) 1 ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder (Dhaniya) 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder To taste
- Salt To taste
- Garlic 6 cloves
- Water As required
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Onions 2 medium (peeled and blended into paste)
- Tomatoes 2 medium, chopped
- Fish of your choice 6pcs or 500gms
- Garam Masala Powder To taste
- Coriander Leaves, chopped For garnish
- 1. Make the fish masala by grinding coconut powder, cumin seeds, amchoor, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt & garlic cloves. Add water as required to make a masala paste.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions paste. Fry until it starts to change colour and all water evaporates.
- 3. Then add tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes soften.
- 4. Add the ground masala mixture. Cook till oil comes on top and all the water dries.
- 5. Add fish pieces along with some water. Cover with lid and cook for another 15 minutes on medium to low flame till fish is tender. Adjust the gravy by adding some water.
- 6. Sprinkle garam masala powder on the fish gravy. Cover the lid for 5 minutes on low flame.
- 7. Dish out in a serving bowl. Add some fresh chopped coriander and serve with boiled rice.