Potato Cheese Balls
Potatoes, cheese & cream cheese - how can we not love these golden fried snacks!
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- ½ kg potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 5 tablespoon cream cheese
- ½ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup – 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1. Take a large bowl and add mashed potatoes in it.
- 2. Add salt, black pepper, red chili powder, cream, cheddar cheese, green chilies & spring onions. Mix well.
- 3. Start making potato cheese balls by taking a portion of potatoes mixture in your hand. Flatten it out.
- 4. Put about ½ - 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the middle. Fold it up and roll to make a ball. Set aside.
- 5. Once all the potatoes have been filled with cream cheese start coating them with flour and bread crumbs.
- 6. Take a potato cheese ball. Roll it in flour, then beaten egg and then bread crumbs.
- 7. Deep fry till light golden. Drain on a kitchen towel.
- 8. Serve hot with your choice of condiment.
Notes:Play around with the filling of these potato cheese balls. Add some boiled & shredded chicken or add some finely chopped capsicum. Even noodles would taste delicious. Photo Credits: Shutterstock