We love making this chilled dessert in the summers - the sweetness of fresh mangoes with custard & cream.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus 3-4 hours to chill)
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- ½ kg mangoes (depending on the variety of mangoes available adjust the sweetness content)
- ½ litre ml milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoon vanilla custard powder
- 200 ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- Mango jelly, for garnish
- Mango slices, for garnish
- 1. Peel and cut mangoes into small cubes. Set aside in refrigerator.
- 2. Make the custard by boiling milk and sugar together.
- 3. Whisk the custard powder in a little cold milk. Make sure there are no lumps are left.
- 4. Add the custard powder to the milk stirring constantly. Make sure there are lumps.
- 5. Cook custard on low flame till thickened.
- 6. Pour into dish. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid getting a film on the top.
- 7. Cool the custard.
- 8. Once the custard is cooled, add mangoes & ½ cup cream. Mix well.
- 9. Decorate the top with the remaining half cup cream, cubes of mango jelly and fresh mango slices.
- 10. Serve cold.
Notes:Adjust the sugar content based on the mangoes you are using. For e.g. chuansa is sweeter than varieties like Sindhri. Photo Credits: Shutterstock