One of the most refreshing things in the summer is a tall glass of mango lassi. It boosts energy, prevents dehydration & is delicious.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 0 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- 1 cup of fresh chopped mango pieces
- 1 1/2 cups yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 – 4 tablespoon sugar (adjust to taste & the variety of mango you are choosing)
- ½ teaspoon crushed cardamom or elaichi powder (optional)
- Saffron (optional) – if using then dissolve in a bit of milk
- 1 cup ice-cubes
- 1. Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- 2. Add mangoes in a blender. Pulse for a few seconds.
- 3. Add yoghurt and sugar.
- 4. Add cardamom powder (optional), saffron (dissolved in milk) if using at this stage.
- 5. Add ice-cubes and blend till smooth.
- 6. Taste & adjust sugar as necessary.
- 7. Add milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- 8. Pour mango lassi in glasses.
- 9. Serve chilled.
Notes:The variety of mango depends on personal preference but do remember that certain varieties will be sweeter so will require less sugar. For e.g. Chuansa is sweeter than Sindhri. Both are good mangoes for making lassi because they are easier to cut compared to a smaller mango variety like Anwer Ratol