We love the color of this different tandoori karhai! Serve with naan or boiled rice.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes (plus 60 minutes marination)
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Red Color ½ teaspoon
- Tatri ½ teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Chicken (Tikka Cut) 4
- Tomatoes, chopped ½ kg
- Green chilies 6
- Coriander Leaves ½ bunch
- Oil ½ cup
- 1. In a small frying pan, add carom seeds(ajwain), garam masala powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds and dry roast for a minute till you can smell the flavor of the spices. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl add yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, tatri & salt. Mix well then add chicken pieces.
- 3. Let it marinate for at least an hour to ensure the flavor penetrates through.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan,
- 5. Add chopped tomato and let it cook till soft for about 10 minutes.
- 6. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-10 minutes till color changes.
- 7. Once the color changes add the roasted dry spices and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Add water and cook chicken on low heat till tender. Stir occasionally to make sure the chicken doesn’t burn.
- 9. When the water dries and chicken is tender, add coriander leaves & green chilies. Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve hot.
Notes:Though this recipe uses chicken tikka cut, you can substitute with bone-in chicken