Pineapple upside down Cake
It's a moment of surprise when you turn this cake and you can see the caramelized pineapples with cherry on top!
- PREP TIME: 30 seconds
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Butter 2 ounce + 8 ounce
- Brown Sugar 2 ounces
- Pineapple Slices 6 – 8
- Sugar 8 ounce
- Flour 8 ounce
- Baking powder 2 teaspoon
- Eggs 4
- Pineapple syrup (leftover from pineapple can) ¼ cup
- 1. Melt butter and pour in a 9 inch springform cake tin. Move the cake around so the butter is spread till the edges. Sprinkle brown sugar and then add pineapple slices.
- 2. Arrange them in a circular pattern so it will look pretty once you turn it upside down. Put a cherry in the center of each pineapple.
- 3. Pre-heat oven on 180 C.
- 4. Sift baking powder and flour. Set aside.
- 5. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffly.
- 6. Add egg one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 7. Fold in the flour with a spatula adding pineapple syrup as well. Add 1/3rd cup flour followed by pineapple syrup then flour again.
- 8. Once the cake is mixed pour over the prepared pineapple base.
- 9. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes till cooked through. Use a skewer to test if cake is cooked.
- 10. Let cool for a few minutes then turn over.