Chicken Shashlik is our version of Desi Chinese - grilled chicken with a tangy sauce served with steamed rice.
- PREP TIME: 75 minutes (60 minutes marination)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum cut into cubes
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter / oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili
- salt :to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (to be dissolved in water)
- 1. Put the boneless chicken and vegetables in a bowl.
- 2. Add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt & chili garlic sauce.
- 3. Marinate for at least an hour.
- 4. Thread the chicken & vegetables on a skewer. Put one chicken piece followed by vegetables and then another chicken piece.
- 5. Cook in a grill pan, frying pan or barbeque until tender. Drizzle oil to aid in cooking.
- 6. In the meanwhile, make the shashlik sauce.
- 7. Heat butter in a sauce-pan. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- 8. Add soy sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, chili garlic sauce, black pepper, red chili and salt.
- 9. Cook for a minute while stirring. Then add cornflour (dissolved in water) to thicken the sauce.
- 10. Once the sauce is thickened, take off heat.
- 11. Serve the chicken shashlik with sauce and steamed rice.