Sweet Chili Chicken
We love the spicy kick & tangy flavor of this sweet chili chicken. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Ice-cold water to make batter
- Flour, for coating fish
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4th cup sriracha sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1. Marinate chicken with salt & black pepper.
- 2. Make the batter by adding flour, corn flour, egg, baking powder, salt, black pepper and paprika. Whisk together. Add ice-cold water to make a thick batter.
- 3. Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and saute till light golden.
- 4. Add sweet chili sauce, sriracha sauce, salt and garlic powder. Cook for a few minutes till thick. Set aside.
- 5. Heat oil for frying.
- 6. Take the boneless chicken and roll in flour.
- 7. Dip the boneless chicken in the batter and deep fry till light golden.
- 8. Coat the boneless chicken with sweet chili sauce and serve. Otherwise you can serve on the side as well for dipping.
- 9. Garnish with spring onions.
Notes:Photo Credits: www.food.com