Chicken Reshmi Kebabs
Made with chicken mince, cream and a distinct blend of spices chicken reshmi kebabs are delicious and melt in the mouth tender.
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander
- 4-5 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes (roasted and powdered)
- 1 tablespoon almonds (roasted and powdered)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (khush khush), roasted and powdered
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (roasted and crushed)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder (hari elaichi)
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ghee/butter
- 2 tablespoons ginger and garlic paste
- 2 bread slices
- 1. Add chicken, onion, coriander and green chilies in a food processer and pulse for a few seconds.
- 2. Add spices (coconut flakes, almonds, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, garam masala, cardamom powder, salt) and ginger garlic paste along with bread slices, cream and egg.
- 3. Pulse for a few seconds till mixed together. Use a spoon to mix the ingredients together and then pulse.
- 4. Keep the mixture for 20 – 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 5. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water.
- 6. Take out the chicken mince and make kebab on the skewers. Oil your hands to help shape the kebabs together. If the mixture is too wet, add roasted gram flour to bind it properly.
- 7. Once the kebabs are made they can be baked in an oven, fried in a pan, grilled on a barbeque.
- 8. If baking, put the kebabs on a pan covered with aluminum foil. Brush with oil and bake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 C.
- 9. If frying, heat oil in a frying pan. Cook the kebabs for 3-4 minutes each side till golden brown.
- 10. If grilling, then cook over barbeque. Brush with oil and keep turning.
- 11. Serve hot.