Make this healthy salad for a quick snack or for a light dinner.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 1 minute
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 capsicum, cubed
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olives, sliced
- 1/4th cup oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4th teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 1. Make the dressing by adding oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
- 2. Add kidney beans, capsicum, tomato, cucumber, onions and olives in a bowl. Stir together then add the dressing on top.
- 3. Let it sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Notes:Instead of using canned red kidney beans, you can also use raw kidney beans. Just soak them overnight and then boil with a teaspoon of salt till tender.