Spicy Prawns in Sauce
This prawn dish is coated in a delicious spicy sauce flavored with a hint of the orient. Not for the faint hearted.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ¼ cup oil
- 12 – 15 large Prawns
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 kashmiri red chilies, roasted & ground
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon heaped salt
- tablespoon chili sauce 1
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1. Devein prawns, wash them and drain.
- 2. Heat oil in wok / frying pan.
- 3. Add prawns and saute till dry. Don’t overcook as prawns can be rubbery. Remove and set aside.
- 4. Heat the same oil and start making the gravy base / sauce.
- 5. Add ginger plus onions and saute for 2-3 minutes then add capsicum.
- 6. Add black pepper, chili powder, salt, chili sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and Kashmiri red chilies. Keep stirring constantly and add a little bit of water to create a gravy.
- 7. Once the mixture comes to boil add the prawns and stir to coat.
- 8. Serve hot with fried rice.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock