We love this bhindi ki sabzi with some tandoori naan!
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Oil ½ cup
- Bhindi (Okra), sliced 1/2 kg
- Garlic, chopped 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder 1 teaspoon heaped
- Turmeric ½ teaspoon
- Salt ½ - 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes, chopped 3
- Onion brown ½ cup
- Green chilies, slit in half (seeds removed) 4
- 1. Heat oil.
- 2. Fry bhindi (okra) till light golden. Drain on kitchen towel and set aside.
- 3. In the same oil, fry garlic for 30 seconds.
- 4. Then add salt, chili powder, turmeric. Fry for about 30 seconds – 1 minutes.
- 5. Turn heat to low and add chopped tomatoes along with ½ cup water. Cook for about 15 – 20 minutes till tomatoes are soft and mashed.
- 6. Add fried bhindi, brown onion, green chilies. Cover and keep on ‘dam’ for about 10 minutes.
- 7. Serve hot.
Notes:Never wash okra (bhindi) after it is cut.