Fish in Lemon Butter Sauce
A twist on the French classic, this fish in lemon butter sauce has a Desi flavor to it with the addition of red chili flakes.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- Fish Fillet 400 grams
- Garlic Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4th teaspoon
- Red Pepper (crushed) 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4th teaspoon
- Oregano 1/2 teaspoon
- Corn flour 5 tablespoons
- Flour 2 tablespoons
- Ingredients for lemon butter sauce:
- Butter 4 oz
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tablespoon
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Stock 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice 1/4 cup
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onions (chopped) 3 tablespoons
- 1. Add garlic powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, oregano, cornflour and flour in a bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- 2. Toss fish in the dry mixture making sure it is coated properly.
- 3. Heat oil. Shallow fry fish fillets till light golden and set aside.
- 4. In the meanwhile make lemon butter sauce.
- 5. Heat butter and saute garlic for 30 seconds.
- 6. Add cream, lemon juice, chicken stock, vinegar, 1/4th teaspoon salt and 1/4th teaspoon black pepper. Whisk to make sure the sauce is smooth and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 7. Put fish fillets in a plate. Pour hot lemon butter sauce on top of the fish.
- 8. Garnish with spring onions and lemon wedges.