We love this honey chicken with its sweet & sticky sauce. Perfect with fried rice!
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Boneless chicken 300 grams
- Cornflour 3 tablespoon
- Egg white 1
- Salt ½ + ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper ½ + 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small capsicum, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- Honey 2 tablespoon
- Chili garlic sauce 2 tablespoon
- Soya sauce 1 tablespoon
- Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
- Spring onions, for garnish
- 1. Marinate chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, corn flour and egg white for at least 20 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a wok / karhai or frying pan. Deep fry till light golden and set aside.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons in a pan.
- 4. Add chopped onions and fry for 2-3 minutes till translucent.
- 5. Add capsicum and carrot along with honey, chilli garlic sauce, soya sauce and oyster sauce.
- 6. Season with ½ teaspoon salt & ½ teaspoon black pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes till gravy is thick.
- 7. Add fried chicken and cook for 2 minutes till heated through.
- 8. Serve hot with steamed rice.
- 9. Garnish with spring onions