Made using instant noodles this jhatphat khowsuey is great for those days when you want a filling snack or dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- 2 packet instant noodles (chicken flavor)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- 1-2 green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 200 gms boneless chicken, cubed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon besan / gramflour (dissolved in water)
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Coriander / Dhaniya
- Slims / Fried Crisps / Papri
- Boiled eggs
- Spring onions
- 1. Boil instant noodles as per packet instructions. Don't add the taste maker but reserve it for use in chicken gravy.
- 2. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Add onions, garlic, green chilies and ginger to blender.
- 4. Add water and blend till smooth paste is formed.
- 5. Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
- 6. Add onion paste and fry till the raw smell goes away.
- 7. Add boneless chicken cubes and cook for 1-2 minutes till color changes from pink to white.
- 8. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder (haldi), salt, 1 noodle tastemaker and besan (gramflour) dissolved in water.
- 9. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add 1/2 can coconut milk.
- 10. Simmer chicken curry on low flame till chicken is tender.
- 11. Start assembling the khowsuey.
- 12. Put the noodles in a bowl.
- 13. Add chicken curry then coriander, slims, boiled egg and a squeeze of lime. Other condiments include sliced spring onions, chili paste, boiled & chopped potatoes.
- 14. Serve hot.
Notes:Every brand of instant noodles has a different seasoning packet. It's best to use a mild flavor like chicken and adjust salt & red chili pepper in the recipe accordingly. The condiments in the khowsuey are based on availability - add and omit as per your personal preference and what you have in the fridge.