Crispy & crunchy potato chips made at home.
- PREP TIME: 40 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced paper-thin (using mandolin)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 litre oil for deep frying
- 1. Slice potatoes 1/8th inch using a mandolin.
- 2. Place potato slices into a large bowl of salted cold water as you slice.
- 3. Let the potatoes soak in the salty water for at least 30 minutes. Drain, then rinse and drain again.
- 4. Heat oil in a wok / karhai / frying pan. Fry potato slices in small batches.
- 5. Once they start turning golden, remove and drain on paper towels. Continue until all of the slices are fried.
- 6. Season with additional salt if desired.