This pizza paratha is Desi fusion at it's best. A paratha stuffed with chicken, vegetables and melted cheese.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- For Paratha
- 3 cups flour / maida
- 1 cup wheat flour / atta
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4th cup oil
- For Filling
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled & shredded
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 – 3 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 capsicum (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 – 8 olives
- 3 – 4 mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1. Take flour (maida), wheatflour (atta), salt & sugar in a large bowl. Use a fork to whisk well.
- 2. Add oil and stir together. Knead using warm water (add little by little) into a dough. Let the dough rest for 20 – 30 minutes.
- 3. In the meanwhile, make the stuffing.
- 4. Heat oil. Add boiled & shredded chicken, pizza sauce, salt & red chili flakes. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes and then set aside. Let the chicken cool completely before using.
- 5. Once rested, make balls of the dough.
- 6. Sprinkle flour onto a marble surface or use a chakla bailan.
- 7. Roll out the dough into a circle.
- 8. Apply water or egg on the edges of the paratha.
- 9. Put chicken, onions, tomatoes, capsicum, coriander leaves, olives, mushrooms and cheese on one half of the paratha. Add and adjust filling options as per your preference.
- 10. Fold over and close. Make sure that there is no filling at the edges.
- 11. Shallow fry on low heat till light golden brown.
- 12. Serve hot.
Notes:The fillings in the pizza paratha can be adjusted as per your personal preference. If you don't like onions, skip those. If you want to add some other vegetables or just use leftover chicken, that's also an option. Photo Credits: www.madhurasrecipe.com