Mutton Gosht with Timatar / Mutton Gravy with Tomatoes
Make this delicious mutton dish with lots of gravy for your next family dinner.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 1 hour
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric (haldi) ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin (roasted & crushed) 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes (chopped) 350 grams
- Green chilies (chopped) 3
- Coriander leaves ½ bunch
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot.
- 2. Add cumin seeds and sauté till they splutter.
- 3. Add ginger garlic paste then turn heat to high. Add mutton and fry for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- 4. Add salt, chili powder, turmeric and roasted cumin (bhuna zeera).
- 5. Fry well (bhuno) for 3-4 minutes then add 1 cup water and cook mutton on low-medium heat till half done.
- 6. Once mutton is half done, add finely chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook till meat is tender and tomatoes are softened.
- 7. Garnish with fresh coriander and green chilies. Serve hot with roti, tandoori naan or rice.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock.com