Qeema Samosa Filling
Samosa’s are a common snack in Pakistan available at every street corner in Pakistan. Here's a simple qeema samosa filling that you can try - either...
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil + more for deep frying the Samosas.
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya powder)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed (Zeera Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric (Haldi powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 250 gms Minced meat (chicken or beef)
- 1 teaspoon Salt –
- Coriander leaves – 2 -3 tablespoon, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilli , finely chopped
- Samosa Patti (Samosa Wrappers)
- 1. Heat oil on medium flame. Add onions and fry till translucent. Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for 30 – 45 seconds. Add cumin, coriander power, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
- 2. Add the mince
- 3. Pour oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat and fry the onion till it changes color. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir fry. Lower the heat and add the cumin, coriander, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder and mix well.
- 4. Add the mincemeat and use a wooden spoon to stir the meat breaking it up as you stir.
- 5. Turn the heat to simmer, cover the pan and cook for about 30 – 45 minutes till cooked through. Chicken mince will be quicker to cook versus beef mince.
- 6. Remove from heat and let it cook. Add coriander leaves and stir together.