Try something different and make fish biryani for dinner.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Fish fillets, boneless ½ kg
- Salt 2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric (Haldi) ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (roasted & crushed) 1½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Oil ½ cup
- Fenugreek leaves (methi) 4 small bunches
- Brown Onion 1 cup
- Tomatoes (sliced) 3
- Coconut milk ½ cup
- Green Chilies (chopped) 4
- Coriander Leaves (chopped) ½ cup
- Rice ½ kg
- Whole spices / Sabit garam masala (peppercorn, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon) 1 tablespoon
- 1. Clean, wash and soak rice.
- 2. Marinate fish with salt, ginger garlic, chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, cumin and lemon juice.
- 3. Heat oil and shallow fry fish for 5 mins and keep aside. Keep the leftover masala.
- 4. Heat oil in another pan and add fenugreek leaves (methi) and brown onion.
- 5. Add left over masala from fish with chopped tomatoes and ½ cup water.
- 6. Fry for a few minutes till tomatoes are breaking down.
- 7. Fry well. Add fish along with the coconut milk. Cover and leave it on dum.
- 8. In the meanwhile, heat oil in a pan.
- 9. Add sabit garam masala and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add soaked rice, water and salt.
- 10. Cover and cook till rice is half-done.
- 11. Add all the fish mixture on top of the rice.
- 12. Cover and keep it on slow flame for 20 mins.
- 13. Turn off heat and serve.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock