Chane / Chole ka Salan
Enjoy these Chane ka Salan as a midweek dinner or with puri for Sunday breakfast.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes (plus soaking overnight)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Chickpeas 250 grams (soak overnight)
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Oil ¼ cup
- Onion, chopped 2 tablespoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds, roasted ½ teaspoon
- Crushed red chili ¾ teaspoon
- Garam masala ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder (dhaniya powder) 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Green chilies, for garnish
- 1. Add chickpeas and baking soda in plastic bowl with water. Soak overnight.
- 2. In the morning boil chickpeas in till tender. Set aside.
- 3. Heat oil. Add chopped onions. Saute for about 1-2 minutes till soft.
- 4. Add salt, roasted cumin seeds, red chili powder, garam masala and dhaniya powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 5. Add the boiled chickpeas with the leftover stock. Cover and cook till tender.
- 6. Mash a few times with a wooden spoon. This gives texture and chunkiness to the chole ka salan.
- 7. Garnish with fresh coriander and green chilies.
- 8. Serve with naan or puri.
Notes:Canned chickpeas can be substituted if you are in a hurry. Photo Credits: Shutterstock