Beef Chapli Kebab
Chapli kebabs are a traditional Pakistani dish best enjoyed with tandoori naan & a light kachumber salad with raita.
- PREP TIME: 60 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Beef mince ½ kg (all water squeezed out completely)
- Butter, melted 2 tablespoon
- Crushed red pepper 1 tablespoon
- Crushed coriander seeds (sabit dhaniya) 1 tablespoon
- Crushed cumin seeds (sabit zeera) 1 teaspoon
- Pomegranate seeds crushed (anaardana) 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 ½ teaspoon
- Gram flour (besan) 3 tablespoon
- Eggs 2
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoon
- Green chilies chopped 4
- Tomato 1 sliced
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a bowl, mix together beef mince, butter, red pepper, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pomegranate seeds, gramflour (besan), eggs, chopped coriander, chopped green chillies and salt.
- 2. Mix well. Keep in the fridge for an hour.
- 3. Take out the mixture and make flat and round patties. They should be bigger than the regular kebab.
- 4. Heat a small non-stick frying pan with 2-3 inches of oil. Put a slice of tomato on one side of the kebab and then add in pan.
- 5. Fry the chapli kebab on medium-high heat first then lower the heat to medium low and continue cooking the kababs until the color is nice and dark. Turn them over carefully and cook the other side.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock