Mix Sabzi (Cauliflower, Potato & Carrots Sabzi)
Try this colorful mix sabzi - potatoes, carrots and cauliflower sauteed in just a little oil.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (zeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Hing (asafoetida)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 green chili (sliced)
- 1 potato, diced into small cubes
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (dhaniya powder)
- Fresh coriander leaves (dhaniya) chopped
- 1. Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- 2. Heat the oil on medium high heat in a large skillet.
- 3. Add the mustard seeds and cumin until they pop.
- 4. Add the hing, turmeric, green chile and potatoes. Saute for 30 – 45 seconds.
- 5. Add the cauliflower, carrots and peas and saute.
- 6. Add the salt and cumin powder, cover and let cook on medium-low for 10-20 minutes till cooked.
- 7. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Notes:There can be multiple variations of these dish based on the vegetables you have in your fridge. Add some capiscum or zucchini.[br] Skip the carrots if you don't have any or use frozen peas and carrots.