Boneless Chicken Handi
Serve this yummy boneless chicken handi with hot garlic naan and a kachumber salad on the side.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- 1 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 2-3 large tomatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 500 grams chicken, boneless and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon coconut (dessicated)
- 1/4th cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoon ginger (julienne)
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2-3 teaspoon ghee
- 1-2 green chillies, sliced
- 1. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- 2. Add ginger/garlic paste and cook for about a minute till the raw flavor is removed.
- 3. Add spices (cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt) along with tomatoes & 2-3 tablespoon water. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat then cover with lid and cook for about 5-10 minutes till tomatoes soften.
- 4. Once tomatoes are softened, add chicken and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes till color changes.
- 5. Add fenugreek leaves, green chillies, black pepper, garam masala, and coconut. Saute / Bhoonafy for about 5 minutes.
- 6. Add yoghurt and cream and cook for 3-4 minutes till chicken is tender.
- 7. Add ginger and coriander on top.
- 8. Heat ghee in a separate pan and then top the chicken with it for additional flavor.
- 9. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.