This simple strawberry dessert is just the thing to make when fresh strawberries are in season.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes + time to strain yoghurt
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup strawberries, plus more to garnish
- 1 cup hung curd or strained yogurt (made from 1 kg curd)
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 cup cream (200 grams)
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
- 1. Wash the strawberries carefully.
- 2. Cut off the top green part and then either thinly slice or chop the strawberries.
- 3. Whisk cream, icing sugar, hung curd and condensed milk. Fold through the strawberries.
- 4. Keep in fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight till chilled.
- 5. Serve with fresh strawberries on top.
Notes:Hung curd can be made by putting yogurt to drain in a muslin cloth for a few hours. Once the water / whey is drained the remaining will be thick & creamy.