Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies especially when they come freshly baked out of the oven.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVINGS: 12 persons
- 125 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (good quality semi sweet white or milk chocolate chips)
- 1. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric beater for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Alternatively use a hand whisk and beat for 5 - 10 minutes.
- 2. Add egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- 3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa and mix well again.
- 4. Slowly add milk until a soft dough is formed.
- 5. Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed. Cover the bowl and chill for at least 15-20 minutes in the freezer. This will make it easier to scoop and shape into cookies.
- 6. Preheat oven at 165 C
- 7. Place butter paper on a baking tray or trays.
- 8. Take out cookie dough from the freezer. Use a small ice-cream scoop or a measuring spoon to scoop out equal balls of cookie dough.
- 9. Place them at least 2 inches apart from each other as the cookie dough will expand while baking.
- 10. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 - 18 minutes until light golden.
- 11. Cool on a wire rack and store in an air-tight container.
Notes:For a crispier, crunchier cookie, bake for 20-25 minutes. The cookies will firm up once they cool, so don't worry if the middles seem soft. Don't try working with the dough before you chill it, you'll end up with a huge mess.