Chicken & Vegetable Patties
These chicken & vegetables are easy to make as they use store-bought puff pastry. Make a batch and keep it in the freezer to use as required.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 200 gram boneless chicken
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 4 Green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- Red chili as required (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 250 gram puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- 1. Cut boneless chicken into small cubes.
- 2. Pour some oil in a pan and fry the thinly chopped garlic in it.
- 3. Add chicken and saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Add vegetables, red chili and salt. Saute for 5-10 minutes till the water from chicken has dried and oil begins to separate.
- 5. Check that chicken is cooked and then take off heat. Leave aside to cool completely.
- 6. Pre-heat oven till 180 C.
- 7. Dust a little flour on a clean marble slab or board. Roll out puff pastry adding flour as required.
- 8. Roll till 2 mm thick and then cut into square pieces using a sharp knife or cutter.
- 9. Place a little chicken and vegetable mixture on one side. Brush egg on its edges and fold to from a triangle shape. Brush the rest of egg on top. Continue with the rest of the patties.
- 10. Line baking sheet with baking paper. Place patties in pre-heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 180 C.
- 11. Cook till golden brown from the top.
- 12. Serve hot with ketchup.
Notes:Ready made puff pastry is available at big supermarkets or is available at bakeries. Photo Credits: www.littlespicejar.com