These egg muffins can be a great idea to spruce up a breakfast or brunch.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 6 Eggs
- 1 large capsicum (can use a mix of red, yellow and green capsicum for color)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 black olives, sliced
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
- 2. Finely chop capsicum. Alternatively pulse it in a chopper for 2-3 seconds.
- 3. Grease a muffin tray. Put some of the chopped capsicums in each molds.
- 4. Break eggs into a bowl; add salt, black pepper, red chili powder, onion, olives and whisk.
- 5. Pour the egg mixture into the molds. Put some jalapeno slices and cheese on top.
- 6. Drizzle a little olive oil over each.
- 7. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake till set (about 25 - 30 minutes).
- 8. Remove from molds and serve hot.